207 and 207A Cowan Ave.

Cowan 207-Package – Apr28-21

Asking: $8,895,000.00

207 & 207A COWAN AVENUE

Designed by Montreal architect W. J. Carmichael in 1899, 207A Cowan Avenue was originally known as the ‘Parkdale Telephone Exchange Building’ and was built for the Bell Telephone Co. as a warehouse. In 1912, 207 Cowan Avenue was erected as a major addition to accommodate switchboard operators. In 1980 the building was purchased by a group of artists who adapted it into its present configuration, featuring 6 large, loft‐style residences ranging in size from 1,750 square feet to over 3,100 square feet. All the units have abundant natural light, and most feature ceiling heights of over 15 feet with mezzanines overlooking the main level. In addition, the lower level of the building features full ceiling height and is improved with a combination of one‐bedroom apartments and artist studios.

OCCUPANCY

Two of the units are currently occupied by the artists who bought the building in 1980. At the front of 207 Cowan Ave., units 10 & 11 (a combined 2,500 sq. feet), and the Upper/South in 207A Cowan Ave., unit 5 (2,815 sq. feet), will be vacant upon closing.  All the interior photos in this presentation (available online) are of these three suites. All the remaining units in the building are leased on a ‘month to month’ basis.

 

Size:

  • Lot:  45′ x 171.81′
  • Buildings:  19,747 sq. ft.
  • Income and Expenses, Rent Roll and 3D interactive links of interior of building available upon request.

Additional Resource:

Feature Sheet

Floor Plans

Photo’s

Propery Map: